Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Idan Raichel has made it to the Amazon top 100 list

I was delighted when I found out that The Idan Raichel Project has made it the Amazon list of the top 100 international music albums of all times. I have always enjoyed the unique sound of Idan Raichel's music. Idan Raichels fuses electronics with ethnic sounds, mainly traditional Ethiopian and Yemenite music.

Born in a Jewish family of Yemenite descendent, Idan's Raichel's music has always taken me back to childhood.

Idan Raichel's last three albums have sold around 300,000 copies in Israel alone. Since the release of the international album a few years ago, Idan Raichel and his talented singers have toured across north America and Europe.
This song MiMa'amakim (Out of the Depth) is inspired by the book of Psalms, chapter 130. It well exemplifies the way Idan Raichel's music incorporates traditional sounds and hymns.

Idan Raichel's first two albums are truly a must to every music lover. You can get his albums at Amazon:




Listen to Mima'amkim, I hope you enjoy it aa much as I do.If fou like to read more about the project click on this link, it'll take you to my new website.

No comments:

Post a Comment